Yay! It’s time to announce our latest pet project!
Out of the ashes of Miss Crayola Creepy’s Cat Lady Sewing Challenge rose the sewing challenge for Dog Ladies!
Who is hosting this?
The Crazy Dog Lady Challenge is being hosted by:
What kind of challenge is this?
This is a sewing challenge for dog lovers. You could sew a garment (or whatever!) for yourself (or any other human!) using dog themed fabric or a garment for a dog (or both!).
How to I get involved?
- Become a member of our Flickr group: www.flickr.com/groups/crazydogladies and share your crazy dog lady me-made makes. You can also discuss fabrics and patterns with other dog ladies and share your WIP and ask for any advice you might need.
- Check out the hosts’ blogs for inspiration and information.
- Use the hashtag: #crazydogladysewing so other crazy sewing dog lovers can find you and see what you’re up to.
When is the deadline to sew and share our dog lady creations?
Sunday, March 15, 2015. EXTENDED TO MARCH 21, 2015. That gives all of us dog ladies over a month to source fabric and sew a fabulous creation.
Are there prizes?
Why yes, there are! Thanks to our generous sponsors: Grey’s Fabric and Notions, Riley Blake Designs, By Hand London Patterns, BlueGingerDoll Patterns, Sewaholic Patterns, Netti Made It, Tuxedo Cat Buttons, Kerso and Mr. Zhuo. Winners will be chosen randomly as this is a sewing challenge and not a sewing contest. For more info on our awesome prizes, check out Carlee’s prize post.
How does this work again?
- Sew a garment (or something else that’s cool) either out of dog themed fabric or for a dog.
- Post a photo of your garment to our Flickr group (or by email if you rather to Carlee: carleeandrea.smith
- In March, after we’ve gathered all of your awesome photos, we’ll post a dog lady gallery of us and our canine buddies!
What else do I need to know?
Carlee, Sophie-Lee and I will be posting dog lady inspiration posts showcasing dog themed fabrics we’ve found, patterns, and anything else that will help pay homage to our canine friends. We’ll also share with you what we’re making for this challenge and anything else that might inspire you to join in!
Is there a Crazy Dog Lady button for my blog?
Why yes there is! Copy and paste the code or image of your preference below. If the code doesn’t work for you, right click on an image and copy the image URL.
400 x 400
300 x 300
150 x 150
Are you in?
I certainly can’t wait to start sewing with my doggie themed fabric and to see what you other dog lovers are going to create!